Wednesday 18 April 2012

New Farrier

She has decided that her old farrier Will Have to Go.  She is worried about Posy, whose toes seem to be getting longer and longer and is panicking in case her heels collapse.


Come to that, my shoes have not been as comfy as they should be either.  Perhaps inspired by Her complaints about Posy, the old farrier set my shoes back too far and left a lot of toe.  This meant that my toe was hitting the tarmac before the shoe and it made me foot sore.  The lateral extensions on the hind feet were in the wrong place so that I couldn't walk straight either.  The things I put up with!
A new farrier has arrived and after a thorough inspection has now given me shiny new shoes which are just like the ones put on by the World Class Performance guys.  She says that I will now be expected to perform dainty prancing.  Fat chance.

A vet was summoned to deal with Posy's feet and take X-Rays.  Posy is such a diva and couldn't be happier to be fussed over by several people.


It was decided that there was nothing wrong with her feet as such, just toes too long, and now Posy has sparkly new shoes and is very proud of them (and being the centre of attention).

Meanwhile, She has gone off to make phone calls to see if She can get hold of any rye grass hay or haylage that is cheaper than the branded variety and that will not make us all incredibly fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment