Sunday 25 September 2011

Weekend of Dressage

Well, I've had a busy weekend.  On Saturday I went back into the motorised cabin to be carted off to another strange place.  It had a sand arena outside, and actually I recognised one of the horses from the Horsemanship Contest.  No sooner had I checked out the surroundings than I had to go into a big indoors place. I entered and went to introduce myself .  Someone should have told the judge not to leave her sandwiches within nose reach of competitors. 
I rather forgot about the going forward part as I was distracted first by the gallery at one side and then I thought I could see horses trotting about outside through the slatted walls.  Bizarre.  I had to go in there twice.  Apparently I wasn't very good but did try and got 6th place (out of 12) in both classes.  She was happy because She enjoyed her cheeseburger and tea and came away with some ribbons.
The video operator complained that the gallery was too close to the arena to get a good picture.  It transpired that she had the zoom on and all you can see is my eyeballs as I flash past.

Today I went to Lidwell with my chum Freddie for the SCADRA dressage.  The arena there looked quite familiar and I gather I showed a good rhythm, but still not forward enough to produce a good outline.  She was happy though because She enjoyed her tea and walnut cake and came away with another ribbon.  A pattern seems to be emerging in which I have to do all the work and She eats food and collects rosettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment