Monday 18 February 2013

Performance Targets Update

I have found that my new job does not have many treats associated with it.  It's not fair as Posy goes out and about and gets carrot rewards on her return, while I can only glower at her through the grille.  She has also usurped my place in the arena.  Here I can be seen gazing wistfully over the fence while she prances round.
I am the forlorn figure on the right
I was so annoyed that I ambushed Posy on her way out of the arena and bit her.  Now I am confined to my stable while Posy is strutting her stuff.  However, I think I made my point because She has organised a number of outings for me with my chum Freddie.  We entertain ourselves with a contest to see who can snatch the most snacks on the way round, plus I get my rightful quotient of carrots when I get back.



I was secretly pleased to find that Posy has just blotted her copybook.  Posy was meant to be making her dressage debut at the weekend, but turned up on the morning of the competition smothered in mud and minus one shoe, so she couldn't go and is in disgrace.

Horse of the Month is Hanuman.  He got 87% in his Horse Agility class.  Although he only came 21st out of 24, the judge's comments read 'This was a beautiful round. Don’t look at the score but see where you are headed which is to the top with these horsemanship skills.'  For the tarpaulin exercise, where Hanuman decided to inspect the tarpaulin closely before going over it, the judge wrote '...this was poetry in motion, beautiful horsemanship in your WAIT. Lovely.'  She suspects that it would be better not to be waiting at all, but was very pleased with the comments anyway.
A special rosette for a special boy


No comments:

Post a Comment