Wednesday 6 February 2013

From Hero to Zero

The vet came last week to stab us with needles and scrape our teeth.  He also had a look at my hock which has been playing me up lately.  They were shaking their heads over it and decided that I needed some rest.  This sounded good at first, but my head has been down a bit lately as I see that it is Posy who is earning carrots and peppermints.  The lorry that was hired to take me to my first hunter trial has been rerouted to give Posy a jaunt.

All I have been getting is an unpleasant herbal concoction sprinkled onto my breakfast.  I have tried refusing it and wearing my most pained expression, but no untainted breakfast has appeared to replace it.  In the end I have been forcing it down, but throwing bits on the floor to show my displeasure.  It seems only yesterday that I was the darling of the cross country clinic and a star jumper in the making.


No comments:

Post a Comment