Sunday 11 March 2012

Busy weekend

On Saturday I had to trudge 2½ miles to a dressage competition.  Once there I had to trot round in the warm up 'going forward'  I was going forward so much that by the time my turn came I was hot and puffing.  Once in the arena, I plodded round, exhausted.  When the horn sounded to start I rallied what little strength I had left, dug deep and managed to get through the test without passing out.  She was very pleased with me for trying so hard and cursing herself for warming up too long and using up my limited energy reserves, and quite right too.  I came second but She said not to be too excited since there were only three contestants.  I had to trudge back as well which I did very slowly.

Unbelievably, I had to do the same again on Sunday, only I had my chum Ariel for company.  When we got there it became apparent that this time I was meant to spring over show jumps.  I went very cautiously and made sure I gave all the obstacles plenty of air.  Then I had to go round a second time, only this time it was easier and the jumps seemed much smaller.  I got another ribbon and some carrots for trying so hard.  My chum Ariel didn't have to do anything as his rider had just come for the coffee and bacon butties.  Lucky fellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment