Sunday 26 June 2011

Another Outing

Today I went in a horsebox for the first time and travelled by myself to 'St Leonards'.  It was a very hot day and I was sweaty and puffing after 15 minutes of warm up.  I had to do a dressage test, but it was in a strange place with lots of things to look at and I thought it best to go very slowly and carefully and ignore her urgings. 

After that I had to go into a field bordered by cows and horses and full of brightly coloured obstacles, the like of which I have never seen before.  She cantered me up to one so I stopped and looked at it, still didn't recognise it.  I looked at several but then I gather I was Eliminated.  In the end, I had to go round and jump over each one, pursued by a man shouting instructions.  I think he should have jumped the obstacles himself instead of shouting at others.



Eventually it was all over and I finally got the carrots that I so richly deserved after running round in the heat.  After a little sponge down I went straight back into the horsebox, which made me a Good Boy at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment